Dec 7, 2008

The diary of Sadie Alvarez: Page 4


"Sex without love is a meaningless experience. But as meaningless experiences go, it's one of the best,"
-Woody Allen


Tom told me to meet him at the old pub we used to work in. He said it had been turned into a new bar and I just had to see how much it changed.
I raced to my room to grab some towels and nearly tripped over my feet on the way.
My roommate must have heard my racket because as soon as I reached my room his bedroom door -which is right beside mine- shot open.
Out stepped my roommate Brian wearing nothing but a pair of badly torn boxers that probably should have been thrown out in 1990. Not that I’m complaining because Brian has a rock-hard body with perfectly chiselled pecks and solid abs that go great with his big blue eyes and head of shaggy blonde hair. He is your stereotypical surfer dude. Gorgeous but dishevelled. Except he’s all country, born and raised.

“Hey Sade, what the fuck are you doing out here? Putting on a Broadway show?”
I grabbed my towels quickly off the rack and turned to him.
“I’m taking a shower,” I said with a smirk on my face.
“Never seen someone get so damn excited over a shower before,” he mumbled and went back into his room.
That’s the great thing about male roommates. They don’t generally ask too many questions. They just mumble something and go back into their rooms.
After showering, shaving, hair and make-up I faced a huge female dilemma. Tom said the bar had been redone. The bar I remembered was a jeans and tank-top sit-down pub with live covers bands and a horrible attempt at an East Coast theme. I had no idea what to wear at this ‘new’ bar.
After a long consultation with my closet –that is much too small for my liking- I go with dark jeans and a black top. The top has a silky sheen to it, but is not too revealing. Dressy, yet casual.
I grab my red purse and matching pashmina and head out of my room.
Both of my roommates were sitting on the couch in the living room watching Sports Centre. Between Sports Centre and the X Box, a girl is lucky if she could catch even five seconds of America’s Next Top Model.
They both looked up at me as I walked into the room.
“Woohoo! Look at you, who are you going out with tonight?” yelled Brian.
“I’m just meeting up with an old friend. No biggie,” I said.
Allen, my other roommate looked at me with a big smile.
“Someone’s gonna have a tie on her door tonight!” he said laughing.
“Oh yeah,” Brian piped in. “And don’t forget to come home early, we’re really anxious to meet him!”
“Shut up both of you. And for your information Allen, if that were the case and I was in fact ‘hooking up tonight,’ I would put a sock on my door. I don’t own any ties,” I said.
“Wanna borrow one?” Allen said and they both burst into fits of laughter.
“Oh yes, please! Just leave one on my bed,” I said as I slipped on my black leather boots. Side not: these boots cost more than thirty dollars, but I bought them as a treat to myself. And to match the leather coat that cost twice as much as the boots.
I threw on my leather jacket and grabbed a bottle of water out of the mini-fridge we had by the front door.
“Oh Sade! Remember to have him shower before and after,” said Brian. “Rinse and repeat Sade, rinse and repeat!”
I laughed out loud.
“You know, I cannot WAIT until the day that one of you gets laid, although I’m not sure if it will ever happen for you two. Goodnight bitches!” I called and walked out the door.

No comments: