Dec 10, 2008

The diary of Sadie Alvarez: Page 10


“Doing nothing is very hard… you never know when you’re finished.”
-Leslie Nielsen

“What are you in the mood for?” Max asked me while we waited for our server.
“Trust me, you don’t want to know,” I said.
“Fuck off Sadie, what do you want to drink?” she said laughing.
“Ceasers,” I said. “Mmm.”
“Great idea,” Max agreed. “So how did tonight go?”
“The interview went well, but the place was horrible to shoot in, I don’t know if I got one decent picture,” I said.
“I’m sure you did fine,” she reassured me. “Did they put on a good show?”
“Yeah, and something a little weird happened…” I hesitated for a second. Max raised her eyebrows.
“What’s that?” she asked.
“Well, I think I’ve developed a little crush on their manager, Kyle.”
“Oh, so by weird you meant completely fucking insane?” Max said laughing.
“Precisely,” I said.
“Sadie, I know you. You’d never fuck a source,” she said kindly.
“I know, I would never want to compromise my ethics.”
“But you know, once the story is published…” Her voice trailed off.
“Not happening,” I assured her.
The waitress arrived at our table.
“What can I get you ladies?” she asked in her perky server’s voice that surely turned sensual when she was serving a table of men.
“You have class tomorrow?” Max asked me.
“Nope, and I don’t work until five.”
She turned to the waitress.
“We will have two Ceasers and two shots of Tequila.”
The waitress soon returned with our drinks, and after that she returned with many more. I sat back in my seat and put my hands on my head.
“I need something to take my find of that gorgeous band manager,” I said.
“How about that?” Max asked.
I turned and looked at where she was pointing. An equally gorgeous guy was out on the dance floor with a big group of friends.
“Not bad, not bad at all,” I said, nodding.
“Why don’t you bring sexy Sadie the pick-up artist out of retirement?”
I smiled and took a sip of my drink.
“Lets see what I can do,” I said getting out of my seat.
It didn’t take me too long to get to him, the dance floor wasn’t that busy yet. I came up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder.
He turned. I smiled.
“Hi,” I said. “I just wanted to let you know that if you get tired, I’m sitting right up there.” I said, pointing to my table.
He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out.
I smiled my sexiest smile. Then I turned around and walked back to my table.
“And that’s how it’s done!” I proclaimed.
“I don’t get it, what did you do?” Max asked, clearly confused.
“Just give it a few seconds,” I assured her.
After what couldn’t have been more that thirty seconds, the gorgeous man from the dance floor and one of his male friends approached our table.
“Mind if I sit down?” the mystery man asked me with a smile.
“By all means,” I said.
We all got the introductions out of the way.
“So what do you do?” he asked me.
“I’m a print journalism student and I work at a media company. And you?”
“I’m a med student. On the weekends I work at a gym.”
Well would you look at this, I thought, we have a doctor in the house!
“Do you know what might cause some ones pee to turn neon yellow?” Max asked The Doctor.
I looked at her with an expression on my face that could only mean one thing: what the fuck?
“Well it most likely means that you have too high of a vitamin B intake,” The Doctor said. “Have you been taking any vitamin supplements?”
“That must be it,” Max said.
I shook my head. Great start.
After talking to The Doctor I discovered a few crucial things about him. He was very sweet, but he defiantly wasn’t my type. I don’t really know what my type is, but I know what it isn’t.
He is a year younger than me. That just won’t fly.
But he could be fun, just for one night at least.
“So is it safe to assume that you’re coming home with me tonight?” I asked him.
“Your very upfront Sadie,” he said.
“Is that a problem?” I asked.
“No, it’s refreshing. Every girl I meet wants to marry me,” he said. That’s because you’re a doctor dumb ass, I couldn’t help but think. “You seem like the type of woman who gets what she wants.”
Oh you poor Doctor, I thought. If that were the case I’d be in bed with the sexy band manager.
“So are you going to answer my question or what?” I asked.
“Lets get out of here,” he said.

No comments: